Friday, December 01, 2006

Jeff Martin is still awesome






(Present mood - Tired and working... blah)

(Listening to - Babylon by Tea Party)




Hey every peoples! I am presently posting from not ONLY another province (no, unfortunately not Newfoundland) but ALSO from another laptop! My dearest buddy Aeryn invited me over to her place to visit. She even found me a dirt cheap (...well, kinda dirty too...) mode of transportation. To all of you wishing to visit Montreal, there's a really quick way - The Magic Bus. Basically? Forty bucks and you drive 5 hours (a stop in between for gas and eats) in a van made for 20 people, but they only take 10 so you've got room to spare. It wasn't the most luxurious travel, but safe and cheap. The people on board (all students) were really fun too. The last leg of the trip suddenly turned into an impromptu MacBook add, which was hilarious. So, all in all, money and funtimes well spent. For more info about Magic Bus, ask me later.

As for Jeff Martin, he was the once leader of a band called The Tea Party. Presently, he is solo-ing with this drum virtuoso Ritesh Das (leader and teacher of Toronto's own Tabla Ensemble!). He performed at Cafe Campus - the presumable McGill bar - to a modest crowd. It was very much like an episode of "Intamate & Interactive" off of Much Music. He played some new tunes, some old faves, some odd but fun renditions of old faves in a medely - it was great!

Presently, however, Montreal is showing her true colours by being (as usual when I visit) icy cold and wet as a waterfall. It's pretty gross. Still, my wee friend and I are venturing out for not only a beer or two, but the promise of visiting another friend of hers who has recently purchased a Nintendo Wii!! Woo!!

(Oh, and to my darling sweetie of a fiancee - this Wii thing is better than I've heard. We may need to talk about how this needs to be an addition to our home. :) )

Anywho, I must go. Off to eating and merriment! ...almost makes one forget about all the work and books and things I brought with me... ugh... More later.

1 comment:

Andrew Hawthorn said...

Man, that Wii is friggin' gold. Both K and J are getting one, so we must Wii Wii Wii all the way home.

Also, HI ERIN!!!!