Friday, January 05, 2007

Post-Christmas Wrap-up




(Mood - Missing home again, but happy)


(Listening to - Adrift by BNL)






Well, back to the bookstacks and smokestacks of the big Tee-Oh again. *sigh* As per usual, don't get me wrong. I am fully aware of the good this whole "run away to school" idea is doing for me, but that doesn't mean, like many of my friends, I wouldn't rather be home. Moreover, to be home finished all of this and moving on. But, what's another 109 days? ...gah.

In the meantime, Christmas was great. Just the idea of being "on vacation" at home was nice. It would have been nice to have done more visiting, but timing wasn't always handy for that. Never is when one is pressed for time as it is - and geez, did the time fly... Hope everyone else had fun too. The best part - to my sweetheart's chagrin - was the snow! It came just enough for the holidays to jazz up the whole Christmas look ...except on Christmas day itself when it rained... but still, it was really nice. Also nice to see the family and friends, not to mention eating turkeys and hams and pies. Wonderful to have people cooked food, rather than people prepared food. Yes, there's a difference.

Hmm, now as for Christmas itself, I'd say the best thing to happen church wise was to speak to the kids on Christmas Eve morning. The talk was about the idea of preparation - getting ready for Santa, remembering Jesus' birth, all that. An image I used was for them to picture what they thought of when I said "Christmas", and to picture Jesus giving it to them, because none of it would exist without Him. I mean, regardless of the theological ideas surrounding that comment, which in my line of work are still important to keep in mind, more literally there would be no Christmas without Him! Y'know what? They actually LISTENED! Ahh, that always makes it better.

As for Christmas Gift wise, I'd say my biggest scores for the season would be my iPod's radio tuner (it has a little lapel clip set of extra buttons the size of the new iPod shuffle that allows one to control the iPod without having to get it out, and it allows me to listen to FM radio as well which, in Toronto, is freakin great! Lotsa channels to chose from!) and my Indiana Jones box set (FINALLY - Thank you SO much Steph!)

Anyway, back to the daily ratrace. Hope everyone else I know had a great time home, and I hope we all keep in steady contact until we all come home again. Maybe I'll even have some better topics to post up here. GASP! What a concept!

Happy New Year to all! More later!

No comments: